Nov 10, 2010 @ 7:00 PM at Shiloh UCC
Call to Order at 705: RC
Minutes of Prior Meeting: Secretary – Karen Rauch-Present. A motion was made to approve the minutes from May 20, 2010 meeting by Laurie Pickle, 2nd by Chris Benjamin.
Regional Commissioner: Christy Payton-Present
Assistant RC: *** OPEN ***
Treasurer: Chris Benjamin-Present
Registrar: Laurie Pickle-Present
CVPA Lori Steele-Absent
Scheduler Nicky Outt -Absent
Coach Administrator *** OPEN ***
Referee Administrator Jeff Creveling-Present
Safety Director Bruce Rauch-Absent
Attendees: Diane McCurley, Mary Kutcher, Chika Sato
- Board Introductions
- Fall Season Recap – 340 players, 71 Registered Volunteers, 16 Certified Referees, &
50 Coaches & Assistant Coaches
- Spring Registration - Board discussed & voted. The fee will be $30 per child for spring only play.
- Spring Dates–Area games will start April 16 thru June 11, off Easter (4/24) and Mem Day wknd (5/29)
- Other Spring Dates – Please check our www.danvilleayso.org website for updates
Regional – Feb 10 - 7pm - Danville Regional Board Meeting
Feb 11 though Feb 28 – Coaches should contact players to determine team counts
Feb 28 – Team Counts due to RCA / RC
March 7 – Team Counts due to Area schedulers
March 21 – 6:30 pm – U5 & U6 Spring Coaches Meeting
7:15 pm – U8 Spring Coaches Meeting
8 pm – U10, U12, & U14 Spring Coaches Meeting
March 22 through April 5 – All players should be contacted and informed of their first spring
practice date & time
Trainings – Feb 19 – Referee – details TBD, Feb 20 – Coaches – details TBD
Feb 26 – Management training – details TBD
March 28 – Area Meeting – 6:30 Bloomsburg YMCA
- Board / Management Training – please review board certifications & training matrix
- Mandatory Coaches Training – (per Section 13) - As of Aug 1, 2010 (MY2010) All coaches U5 – U14 need to have at minimum online U8 coaches training. The new National AYSO requirements are that U6 by Fall 2010, U8 by Fall 2011, U10 by Fall 2012, U12 by Fall 2011, and U14 by Fall 2012, etc.
- Review Open Positions & Accept Nominations
- RC – as of Jan 2011 – A motion to approve Laurie Pickle as the RC was made by Jeff Creveling and 2nd by Karen Rauch.
- Assistant RC – Open position
- Registrar – A motion to approve Mary Kutcher as the Registrar was made by Jeff Creveling and 2nd by Karen Rauch.
- Treasurer – Chris Benjamin will stay on until a replacement can be found
- Coach Administrator – Open Position
- Chris Benjamin presented the Budget. Area H dues have been sent. The DASA bill will be paid, once received.
- Field set-up had a good turn-out. Generally field lining went well and any issues will be addressed at the coaches meeting.
- The uniform pick-up policy will be tweaked, to get the uniforms out to families in a timely manner.
- Jeff Creveling asked for a list of names of individuals who took the Referee training.
- Player participation awards were discussed. It was decided that the certificates will no longer be handed out; Metals will be given up to U8 and U10’s will be decided on but looking at either a soccer ball, equipment bag or water bottle.
- The signature card will be changed to remove Christy Payton’s name to add Mary Kutcher.
Adjournment: 8:20 by RC